It was crashing resp. switching off even while taking pictures (like you are
one instance before clicking and the
screen turns black - mehhh ;)... I had to startup again enter my pin and so
on...

For me it was not responding with a black screen == OFF == crashed???
But the phone was not rebooting - just no response.

So indeed it could be also very very slow. But who knows the difference between
"very slow" and "off", when normally
the phone is responding quite fast?

I also noticed in other occasions that sometimes when I press the power button
to activate the screen, the screen
flickers or shows up a very short time and turns black again (mostly with
active camera app) - then I have to press
the power button twice to activate the screen.