El Thursday 09 January 2014, Andrey Kozhevnikov escribió:
> 1. Jolla making fix for supporting non-portrait framebuffers in lipstick.
> 2. I'm releasing patched lipstick with patched resources inside, if
> distribution of internal qml resources of lipstick is permitted.

I imagine jolla will explain the licensing issues when they can. I suppose
that since this is under the name "lipstick", it follow the one from lipstick
repos that are available under the LGPL. Unless the name is a generic brand,
not fully linked with the "lipstick" repo.

Meanwhile, why not a mix of 1 and 2?

You explain the changes that you made to Jolla, not sending them the changes,
or at least not to the people who will have to do the coding, so they are not
"tainted" and copyright doesn't apply (assuming the changes are significant).

Then the changes could be in next version.

The only problem is that then you are a bit like working a little bit for a
company that doesn't pay you. :-)  But you get "karma" points to be the first
one receiving a TOH with a keyboard and solar charger! (Just kidding)

Cheers.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2