Hi,

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:08:25 christopher.l...@thurweb.ch wrote:
> I have added a QML PositionSource element to the FirstPage of the
> default HelloSailors new project, and call the start() method from
> Component.onCompleted (see code snippet below mail).
>
> When running on the Emulator I get no error:
>
> When running on a real Jolla I get the following error:
>
> QMetaMethod::invoke: Unable to handle unregistered datatype
> 'QGeoPositionInfo'
>
> I have the GPS enabled, I have used the maps app and agreed to the
> licence there.

This is a problem with the Qt Geoclue positioning plugin, it fails to register
the data type. I have submitted a fix upstream [1]. In the meantime you can
work around it in you application by calling

qRegisterMetaType<QGeoPositionInfo>();

prior to creating a position info source.

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/75256

Cheers,

--
Aaron McCarthy