everything possible, but widgets is the worst what can happen for sailfish. get time to learn qml, its easy.

On 27.01.2014 00:15, Gabriel Böhme wrote:

 Hi Dietmar,

I've started to learn coding with Python/PyQt on N900 just before the N9 and all the QML stuff started. That was a bit hard.

I started to learn also QML and fell in love - kind of. On one side it's so easy and fast to creat stunning UI's and the other point - it makes sense to split UI ane logic clearly. And if you are doing so, it's easy to publish/port your application on another platform. You just have to rewrite, your UI in QML - and because it's so easy, it takes in the most cases just some hours, or in difficult cases some days.

But than you offer the best UI experience everywhere, because it's writen especially for the platform (for example Desktop, Tablet, Smartphone)

It's a bit a hard situation to do the first step, but after all I think it's worth it.

But yes, it takes time to learn QML and yes it takes time to write a new/modify your application and no, it's not really possible to offer with less to no changes a native look and feel. But I could be wrong, I remember Thomas Perl was working on something like that, to make it easier - don't know the details.

Cheers, Gabriel.

--

Von meinem Nokia N9 gesendet