Le mercredi 29 janvier 2014 15:57:27 Chris Walker a écrit :
> In trying to update a Qt4 app (written for an N900) to Qt5 I wanted to
> find out what I should do in order to update something like this
> ======= code
> property QueryDialog deleteDialog
> ======= end code
>
> I get an error 'QueryDialog is not a type' and found out that QDialog
> does exist in Qt5 but it inherits Widgets and as they're not used in
> Sailfish, I wondered how I might go about finding out what *is* used.
>
> Often we have queries here when somebody has tried something and it
> hasn't worked, and the learned sailors respond with something along the
> lines of 'you need to do this', where 'this' is something new and
> peculiar to Sailfish.
>
> Is there a definitive list (albeit subject to change) for supercessions
> like this?

Hello !

With the snippet that you quoted, I guess that you are trying to use QML to
store a
component holding for a dialog. If you are holding a component, you can still
use
====
property var deleteDialog
====
and then implement the dialog in Silica specific component.

However, in general, it is not recommended to mix QWidgets and QML, especially
in a
Qt 5 QML 2 application, not only in Sailfish, but when you use Qt 5.

BR,
Lucien