W dniu 13.02.2014 07:26, Kalle Vahlman pisze:

The other question here is will users prefer (or rather appreciate)
the Jolla-screened apps in Harbour over the user-screened apps from
OpenRepos.

And again, what could be a better argument about allowing a certain
API in Harbour than a handful of five star apps that use it in
OpenRepos?

Hi Kalle,

well if Harbour QA would be doing so well why the flashlight app with some hidden data gathering passed it (Artems little provocation :))? That shows that Jolla QA doesn't have to be better than community QA in terms of user security and privacy. That also means that the better defense would be some security solution like Smack.

I'm not a fan nor hater of OpenRepos - I never used it anywhere, but restrictive Harbour approach is also not the best way. So the thing is that either we need Harbour to change like Attila suggested or we need another solution. I think that we need something in between and not only for open source apps (I guess there are lot of people who would like to do commercial closed apps, but for now they have a choice between restrictive Harbour or non-restrictive OpenRepos.

Regards,
Filip