05.03.2014 23:13, Boris Pohler wrote:
I wrote my first little program using python/pyotherside. I develop
directly on the jolla-device (no sdk) and would like to build a rpm
package to distribute to openrepos (and later to harbour, if python is
accepted). What is the prefered (easiest) way?

If it's pure Python and QML, the package will be noarch and you can build the RPM on any system, e.g. your desktop system. You just need a spec file and then run rpmbuild.

I build helsinki-transit-live packages myself on a Debian desktop system. I have split the file copying to a Makefile and the spec file just calls "make install" (but you can just as well put the copy commands in the spec file if that's easier). If building on a non-RPM system, you can use "rpmbuild --nodeps" to avoid stopping at checking BuildRequires.

    https://github.com/otsaloma/helsinki-transit-live
    (see RELEASING, Makefile and rpm/*.spec)

--
Osmo Salomaa <otsal...@iki.fi>