Thanks for the answers.
And yes, Herald, I did read some stuff on the OTG.
It's just that I had been using OTG on the other platforms (ubuntu/meego) without noticing it. And that's what I like, so I can concentrate on the code and the logic of my app.

So I'll have to downgrade the functionality of my app for Sailfish (to simple 2D navigation using the internal gps). :-(
(Sorry Chris, no thermal spotting/fixing experiments).

And for the fully functional 3D version I will have to switch to ubuntu phone. Several devices with OTG up there.

wim