From: devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org [devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org]
on behalf of Luca Donaggio [donag...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 June 2014 17:30
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: [SailfishDevel] Detecting OS version

Hi all,

recent update (1.0.7.16) added fast scrolling to Silica flickable QML
components (like SilicaListView).
Before, for long lists I added a pull up menu with an option to fast-scroll
back to the top, others (Together app for example) used a custom scroll
decorator with the same functionality.

Is there a way to detect at run-time (in QML would be perfect, but in C++ would
do the same) if the new functionality is available, or, alternatively, which OS
version we are in?

This way I can avoid cluttering my app UI with elements which basically
duplicate the same functionality:

if OS version >= 1.0.7.16 / system fast-scroll available: do nothing
else: enable custom fast-scroll

--
Luca Donaggio