Am 26.12.2014 12:46, schrieb Alejandro Exojo:
El Thursday 25 December 2014, sailfish-de...@jklingen.com escribió:
Still, I'd like to understand what is going wrong, and whether there is
an issue in my code or somewhere else.
I have been able to extract and reproduce this behavior in an otherwise
empty new SailfishOS Qt Quick Application.

I am using the simple piece of code below to invoke the process, the
"execute" method has been called in Component.onCompleted of my cover
page. Btw, the process called is "df", but other commands like "ls" gave
the same results.

If you have an idea about this, I'd be happy to hear from you
Huge disclaimer: writing about things that I'm not fully sure, but writing
them anyway because nobody else replied yet.
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts, some interesting stuff for me in there...
... but it makes some sense given the
Wayland assertion that you are having. Is it completely gone if you don't
launch a process?
Yes, when the process invocation is commented (or deferred by 5 seconds), the assertion failure does not occur. Also the app does not crash and all subsequent process invocations work like charm.
Possible solutions might be cleaning the environment where you launch the
process, launching it some other way (it's been a while since I last used
QProcess, but I recall different ways), or just not launching it at all.

If you want to get the output of "df", think to yourself "how does df get that
information in the first place?". Launching a process for getting that data is
a resource waste, and as you've experienced, can be brittle and not
necessarily less work.
Good point... while I am perfectly aware that implementations like these tie an app to its environment tightly, I wouldn't have expected invoking an external process like "df" to waste resources. But as I said, I am quite new to Qt and my knowledge of C++ is very minimal, so I might well be abusing one or another part of the framework with my approach. Obviously I'll need to have a deeper look into these things.
Qt 5.4 includes QStorageInfo, but you can look at an addon developed by the
same person some time before:

https://gitorious.org/qdrive/qdrive
Thanks, will check it out. Lots of C++ ;-)

By the way: the "df" thing is really just a side scene for some info on the cover page. The main purpose of the app is to talk to "du" (the same way) and visualize its output. That's a really large amount of processes when browsing through the filesystem a bit. Even more of a reason to have a thorough look at this...

Thanks again for your feedback,
Jens :)