Oleksii Serdiuk kirjoitti 2015-08-20 16:34:
Hi Juice,

As far as I understand, you have a control to install HTTPS
certificates on the server where the requests are sent?

In this case, you have two options:

  1. Install a trusted SSL certificate on your server.

  2. Generate your own self-signed certificate and mark it as
     trusted in your application.

Hi Oleksii, and thanks for your comments!

Unfortunately the use case of my application is such that likely
neither of the options is possible.

It is necessary for each user of the application to host her own server
or at least the service where the application data is gathered.
(The server end that I am using is a small node.js application that
 collects the location data and gives it to the application when it
 requests location data)

So if certificates need to be used, then there would be need for some
kind of certificate lifecycle management in the application, so that
each user could install her own certificates to match the certificate
of the server end.

--
   - Juice -