> QtCreator in Sailfish SDK does not recognize the MER Build Engine properly
> on my system. Trying to start it from within QtCreator produces "No virtual
> machine with the name 'MerSDK' found. Check Your installation."
> Clicking on the "Add..." button in the Mer settings page in QtCreator shows
> an empty list.

That's so embarassing. While profiling qtcreator with sysinternals process
explorer I saw, that qtcreator tried to invoke VBoxManage instead of
VBoxManage.exe and failed to create a proper process. For some reason I must
have created an empty file VBoxManage in the VirtualBox folder by accident.
After removing that file, everything works fine now.