Okay, I think I found the cause. The function needs to be somewhere where
it can see both of the list models. The question is "where is that?"
I wrote this into the main QML:

    Component{QmlListModel{id:qmlListModel}}

    Component{StationsModel{id:stationsModel}}

    function fillList() {

        var i = 0

        for (var r = 0; r < 10; r++) {

            qmlListModel.append({"title": stationsModel.get(i).title})
// <- line 92

            i ++

            console.log(i)

        }

    }

    Timer {

        interval: 5000

        repeat: false

        onTriggered: {fillList(); console.log("fill")}

        running: true

    }

Quess what the console says?

[W] unknown:92 -
file:///usr/share/harbour-nettiradio/qml/harbour-nettiradio.qml:92:
ReferenceError: qmlListModel is not defined

Not defined? It's right there!

I have no idea what I'm doing.

(want to take a look? source at https://github.com/jollailija/nettiradio )

Cheers,

Reference error: jollailija is not defined