You better use Format.formatDate (provided by Silica) to format the time, like this component does:

/usr/lib/qt5/qml/com/jolla/settings/system/CurrentDateSettingDisplay.qml

Cheers,
-Slava

Hi,
Some time ago I proposed to add a clock to the actdead charging UI in TJC
since it would allow a quite frequent use case for me: shutdown the phone
during the night but still be able to read the current time if in charging
mode.
Here is the original entry: https://together.jolla.com/question/110738/
request-clock-on-charging-screen/

Recently I received my Jolla C and found out the shipped Sailfish OS version
allows access to the code of actdead charging. So here is a patch allowing
this functionality. I also shared it on TJC.

Best regards.