Hello Thomas,

for me foreign key support is working. Directly after establishing the
connection to the SQLite database (QSqlDatabase::open()) I use QSqlQuery to
execute "PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON".

I think you have to do it every time you open a closed database, so I
implemented it in my database connection methods that it is executed if the
database connection was closed before.

Best greetings
Matthias

Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2016, 12:39:04 CEST schrieb TE:
> Hello fellow devs,
>
> I have two SQLite tables. The second table references a key from the
> first table as foreign key. Now when I delete a row in the first table I
> want all rows from the second table referencing the deleted key to be
> deleted as well. For this the action ON DELETE CASCADE seems to be
> appropriate. Unfortunately this doesn't work and the corresponding rows
> in the second table are *not* deleted.
>
> Here are the table definitions:
>
> First table:
> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS NodeMetaData (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
> parentId INTEGER);
>
> Second table:
> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS NodeConcreteData (refId INTEGER NOT NULL,
> FOREIGN KEY(refId) REFERENCES NodeMetaData(id) ON DELETE CASCADE);
>
> In the sqlite docs, it is mentioned that foreign key support has to be
> acitvated. So I tried tx.executeSql("PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON;"). But
> the query tx.executeSql("PRAGMA foreign_keys;") returns 0.
>
> When I recreate the scenario in an interactive SQLite session, the above
> works (PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON has to be executed).
>
> Any ideas?
> Is the SFOS Qt lib compiled with foreign key support?
> What am I missing?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
> Thomas

Das Gesetz hat zum Schneckengang verdorben, was Adlerflug geworden wäre.
(Friedrich Schiller - Die Räuber)

Und der Buschfunk spielt gerade "Was machen wir bloss" von "EL*KE".

www.buschmann23.de
GPG-Key: 0x614C3258
GPG Fingerprint: B770 E0D0 69CF BFC1 5FE1 D78E 3A70 A936 614C 3258