Correction in SomeWherElse.qml

Am 29.08.2016 um 14:19 schrieb Michael Fuchs:
Hi Dylan,

Children from ApplicationWindow are AFAIK accessible everywhere.

harbour-example.qml:

ApplicationWindow {

  MyObject {
    id: mo
    someString: "Eins"

    function test(){}
  }
}

CoverPage.qml:

CoverBackground {
    CoverPlaceholder {
        text: mo.someString
    }
    CoverActionList {
        CoverAction {
            iconSource: "image://theme/icon-cover-play"
            onTriggered: mo.test()
        }
    }
}

SomeWhereElse.qml

Page {
onEvent: mo.someString = "Zwei"
}

greetz

Am 29.08.2016 um 14:03 schrieb Dylan Van Assche:
Hi devs,

I'm rebuilding Sailfinder and I'm looking for a better way for my
interaction between the cover and other pages.
In the old version I let the cover play the man in middle when Python
transfered the data to the current QML page but it was a messy solution.
I looked at the source code of different Sailfish OS projects but
nothing that really looked simple for my purpose.

I read about 'Connections' in QML but I can't figure out if I can use
that QML type to let the page interact with the cover. I want to avoid
C++ as much as possible in order to create a non-arch package.
Maybe someone here who can help?

Dylan