my Jolla phone after the 2.0 release, so maybe it was different before.

That last comment is mine, btw :)

I could write my solution as an answer if that's what you intended to say.

On 29.12.2016 22:25, Kimmo Lindholm wrote:
fyi
https://together.jolla.com/question/37387/music-playback-is-interrupted-if-a-notification-occurs-while-notification-volume-is-muted/

From: Devel [mailto:devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org] On Behalf Of Krzysztof
Lesiak
Sent: 29. joulukuuta 2016 22:38
To: Sailfish OS Developers
Subject: Re: [SailfishDevel] ngfd ini files documentation

Alright, now I've switched to using libngf-qt5 for my testing application so I
don't have to rely on triggering the right notifications.

Plus, I've found the config lines interfering with my music playback:

sound.stream.media.role = notification
sound.stream.droid.device.additional-route = AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER

When those two are commented out in an event file, the notification tone is
played "on top" of the currently played music.

The first one is the main offender because it mutes playback, but if the second
is left uncommented, there are audio hitches at the beginning and the end of
notification tone playback.

I literally just came up with it and haven't tested it thoroughly, but if there
aren't any unwanted effects introduced by my changes, is there any way I could
propose a patch for inclusion into a future update? This was one of my main
annoyances with the OS and I think it makes for a far better user experience if
music playback isn't completely muted on certain types of events.

Also, if there are any sailors responsible for ngfd reading this list, what do
you think about this?

Regards,

Krzysztof