> Hi Eli,

Hi Chris,

> Sorry for top posting, but OWA doesn't quote properly.

No problem....

> Firstly, was_local contacts occur when a local (phone device) contact is
> aggregated into another contact which already had a local constituent.  We
> only allow one single local constituent per aggregate contact, so one of
> them gets demoted to was_local.  This can occur if you import from a .vcf
> or via Bluetooth, for example.

Is there somewhere I can read more on this subject?

> If you can reproduce the duplication event and provide sync logs of that
> event (as per https://sailfishos.org/wiki/CalDAV_and_CardDAV_Community_
> Contributions#Sync_Logs) that would be helpful!

I'll try.

> You should be able to delete the contacts from the database so long as you
> also delete any entries from the OOB table which relate to that CardDAV
> account.

So I actually deleted very aggressively yesterday (all carddav and all
google) but did not modify oob, which resulted in 0 contacts being read,
however even restoring the backed up contacts.db file does not fix this
issue.
Any pointers what may be going wrong or where to look would be very welcome.
Thanks,
Eli