I'm editing the QML files that belong to the virtual keyboard to add some
extra functionality. Would it be possible to somehow to change the font of
the widget that is receiving the keyboard input? I'm currently editing
KeyboardBase.qml and InputHandler.qml from
/usr/share/maliit/plugin/com/jolla (keeping them under version control for
safety).

My final goal would be to press a special key on the modified keyboard
which would result in changing the font in the text editing widget that
receives the keyboard input, no matter what app / window it belongs to. Is
this possible?

Many thanks.