Thanks a lot. Will try it later.

By "native API" you mean the Syntaxhighlighting, right?

This is a nice to have for my app, but first I'd like to display a rendered markdown page.

cheers,
Michael.

@alexey, sorry for multiple mails. ;)

Am 26.03.2018 um 11:56 schrieb Alexey Andreyev:
Hi!

Attaching file with example.

But, anyway, if you are trying to create markdown editor it is much easier and appropriate to use native api (not webkit/webengine):
https://github.com/pbek/qmarkdowntextedit/blob/develop/markdownhighlighter.h

import QtQuick 2.2
import Sailfish.Silica 1.0
import QtWebKit 3.0
;import QtWebKit.experimental 1.0

WebView {
    id: webView

    signal messageReceived(var message)

    function runJavaScript(script, callback) {
        return webView.experimental.evaluateJavaScript(script, callback);
    }

    property Item _webPage: webView.experimental.page
    experimental.preferredMinimumContentsWidth: _webPage.width
    experimental.deviceWidth: Screen.width
    experimental.deviceHeight: Screen.height
    experimental.enableInputFieldAnimation: false

    experimental.preferences.navigatorQtObjectEnabled: true
    experimental.onMessageReceived: webView.messageReceived(message)
}

    Hi sailors,

    is there a way to communicate with a WebView?

    I would like to make something like this:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.6/qtwebengine-webenginewidgets-markdowneditor-example.html

<https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.6/qtwebengine-webenginewidgets-markdowneditor-example.html>

    ...but WebChannels don't seem to be available.

    Also WebView.runJavaScript() isn't there.

    Thanks a lot,

    Michael.