Occasionally it appears that the WAP GW (Kannel in particular) eats part of the incoming MMS message. I imagine this has to do with WAP timeouts, etc. I had this problem at one time, and a user just reported a problem that at first looked like it was in Mbuni but turned out to be in the WAP GW.

 With current Mbuni you would see an error like:

2005-05-24 13:17:01 [23002] [5] WARNING: Parse error reading mime body [hlen=61, dlen=16764, left=13837]!

in the log file, which means that the message body sent was shorter than expected. This is detected while parsing the MIME entities.

Does anybody have any deeper insights into the cause of this? For now CVS has been updated to completely throw away such messages, so as not to propagate errors.

P.