Yo Achim!

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:55:16 +0200
Achim Gratz via devel <devel@ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
> > Dunno, I have no info on that GPS.  It does need access to the
> > EXTINT0 pin on the u-blox.  I think EXTINT0, for timing, is only
> > available on the FTS variants of the u-blox.
>
> Again, no -- you could easily read the documentation, though or you
> can go over to the uBlox Forum if you don't believe me.

CAre to be more specific on which u-blox support EXTINT0?

> > I've never found a good list of which products are FTS.
>
> I've posted that link, you might want to actually read it.

Been there, done that, many variants not in your reference.

>  The only
> FTS product is the LEA-M8F and you don't need or even want it.  For
> timing the M8T is the one to use.

Rather than talk about it, can you set one up and show us the data?

> > I think the
> > LEA-M8F, LEA-M8T and NEO-M8T are FTS.  Likely a few others, but not
> > the basic NEO-M8L, M, N, Q or S variants.
>
> Stop thinking, read the docs.

Been there, done that, many times.  They often do not match my personal
experience.  Thus my desire for experimental proof.

> The timemark functionality is there in
> all these.  The EXTINx inputs may not be accessible or tied up doing
> other things in particular models (some modules for instance have only
> one of the internally two EXTINTx inputs available and may already use
> it for other purposes).

Exactly my point.

RGDS
GARY