Michael,

On 20-08-18 15:35, MLewis via devel wrote:
I believe that a kernal patch is not the correct way to do that. It's too specific as it's only for some ublox modules.�

Weirder hardware has a driver in the kernel.. :-)
But I see no problem in the Loadable Kernel Module approach:

I'm working on one now. Selectable triggers of Timemark 1, rising and falling, and Timemark 2, rising and falling, providing up to four timestamps for calculating four offsets, observing noise, etc., once the timestamps are back in user space.

What else could we do with the timemark functionality?
See what is suggested at https://lists.ntpsec.org/pipermail/devel/2018-August/006447.html ?

I'm held up deciding on the method of sending messages for each Trigger Timestamp from the kernel module back to user space.
Looks like it should be a socket.

This is because the ublox doesn't know the time of origin I guess?
Maybe make it an elaborate PPS device that can also be read?

Udo