On 11/05/15 04:28 -0400, Francesco Romani wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm working to brush up and enhance my old hack
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/37827/1

That patch adds a new MOM interface, to talk with VDSM using the RPC interface.
On top of that, I want to make efficient use of VDSM API (avoid redundant call,
possibly
issuing only one getAllVmStats call and caching the results, and so forth)

Next step will be to backport optimizations to current vdsmInterface.
Or maybe, even replacing the new vdsminterface with the new one I'm developing
:)

I'd like to use the blessed JSON-RPC interface, but what's the recommended way
do that? What is (or will be!) the official recommended VDSM external client
interface?

I thought about patch https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/39203/

But my _impression_ is that patch will depend on VDSM's internal reactor, thus
is not very
suitable to be used into an external process.

I've written my own extremely crude client using the stomp library.
Nir also has a patch [1] on gerrit to do this.  Maybe he can provide
some insight.  It'd be nice if the vdsm-yajsonrpc package could
provide a full-featured client class that could be easily integrated
into projects like MOM.

[1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/35181/

--
Adam Litke