On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Barak Korren <bkor...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 5 December 2016 at 10:07, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> 20 seconds setup sounds great.
>>
>> Can we try the patches with vdsm builds?
>
> We'll probably merge today, if not, I'll manually cherry-pick this for
> the vdsm jobs.

With all patches merged, builds take now:

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64/4373/console
00:07:13.065 Finished: SUCCESS

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_check-patch-fc24-x86_64/5991/console
00:08:19.035 Finished: SUCCESS

Last week it was 19-20 mintues, great improvement!

What is missing now small improvement in the logs - add log for each part of the
build with the time it took.

- setup
- run script
- cleanup

The run script part is something that only project maintainers can optimize, the
rest can be optimized only by ci maintainers.

I think we should have metrics collection system and keep these times
so we can detect regressions and improvement easily. But the first step
is measuring the time.

Nir