On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 02:02:42PM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il giorno lun 19 nov 2018 alle ore 14:42 Sahina Bose <sab...@redhat.com> ha
> scritto:

> > safe to

> > 4.3:

> > which
> > >
> > > Also Gluster 5 still offers the traditional glusterd service. glusterd2
> > > is available for both 4.1 and 5, but it is still an opt-in.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Niels
> > >

> > > PS: Gluster 5 is not announced for CentOS yet, the
> > >     centos-release-gluster5 package is not yet publicly available
> >
> > I think we should move to latest version, i.e Gluster 5.
> > Niels, is there any ETA for when the package will be available in CentOS?
> >
> > Also, for oVirt 4.2 due to dependency on gluster-gnfs we are still
> > dependent on gluster 3.12 which is EOL. What's our best option here?
> > Shyam, Amar, looking for your inputs.
> >

> Raising this again since we are in a bit of a hurry for this to be changed.
> this change already missed 4.3.0 Alpha, it would be nice to get it in by
> beta release.

I think we can keep gluster-3.12 on the CentOS mirrors, but without
centos-release-gluster312 in CentOS Extras?

If there is a demand for NFS, then integrating NFS-Ganesha is your best
option. But this is not a drop-in replacement and will need some work.
In case there is no need for NFS, then it will be easier to move to a
FUSE mount or libgfapi application.

Niels