Hi Dan,

We have some scripts and test data files which we need to copy to guest VMs and
then execute the scripts inside the guest VM and looking for ways to automate
this process for data validation testing.

-Thanks,
Pravin

On 22/02/19, 2:35 PM, "Dan Kenigsberg" <dan...@redhat.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 2:42 PM Pravin Amin <pravin.a...@veritas.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > We are looking for a way to copy files and execute scripts inside Virtual
Machines hosted on oVirt manager (Any supported guest OS) either through REST
API or using Guest Tools. Please let me know how we can achieve it.

    Pravin, I think we could all benefit if you elaborate on your use case.

    The other day I spoke with +Barak Korren about a tight integration of
    oVirt to libguestfs. I think that it could be lovely if we can do

    LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND=ovirt \

LIBGUESTFS_BACKEND_SETTINGS=https://username:password@fqdn/path/to/ovirt/api \
    virt-edit -d vm_name /file/to/edit

    in order to edit a file in an ovirt-defined VM. Behind the scenes,
    oVirt would prepare the VM storage on a hypervisor and relay the
    guestfs connection to it.
    Such a remote virt-cat would be an awesome debug tool for a dead VM.
    Such a virt-sysprep - a great headless way to prepare a template.

    Are you looking for something similar?