On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:56 AM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to a write a tool that given a gerrit patch number, will:
> 1. Start build artifacts job (instead of adding "ci please build" comment)\
> 2. Wait until the job is complete
> 3. Start OST with CUSTOM_REPOS using the build artifacts job from step 1
> 4. Wait until OST complets
> 5. Post a comment with the OST link to gerrit
>
> So testing patches will easy as:
>
>    $ ci test 12345
>    Building rpms...
>    Starting OST...
>    OST succeeded, congratulations!
>
> I can start OST and watch it, but I could not find a way to start vdsm
> build-artifacts job.
>
> This starts a job:
>
> curl -i \
>     --user USERNAME:API_TOKEN \
>     -X POST \
>     https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_standard-check-patch/build
>
> But the fail quickly in the first "detecting" stage.
>
> https://jenkins.ovirt.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/vdsm_standard-check-patch/detail/vdsm_standard-check-patch/3575/pipeline
>
> Clicking "Build Now" button on the job page fails in the same way.
>
> And this:
>
> curl -i \
>     --user USERNAME:API_TOKEN \
>     -X POST \
>
> https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_standard-check-patch/buildWithParameters
>
> Fails with 500 Internal server error, with a huge traceback, hiding this
> expected message:
>
>     java.lang.IllegalStateException: This build is not parameterized!
>
> Looks like the job need to be parametrized:
>
> - https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_standard-check-patch/configure
> - https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/configure
>
> I guess we can workaround this by posting "ci please build" comment on
> gerrit
> using gerrit API, and then waiting waiting an grabbing the build link from
> the comment
> added by jenkins, but I really don't want to go in this direction.
>
> I hope we can have a proper solution in the job configuration.

With Barak help I could get the entire flow working
(using the secret standard-manual-runner)

I started this project on github:
https://github.com/nirs/oci

There is no code yet, but the entire flow is documented here:
https://github.com/nirs/oci/blob/master/test.md

Sharing in case someone wants to write this before I find time for this :-)

Nir