On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 19:14:12 +0300
Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:40 PM Dan Kenigsberg <dan...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:07 PM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think it is time to remove export and iso domain in 4.4.
> >>

> > Would it be possible?
> > If an ovirt-4.3 storage pool has an ISO domain, and we add an ovirt-4.4
> > host to it, we would like it to be able to become SPM.
> >

> In rhel 8.1, vdsm 4.4, I don't want to support export or iso domain
> regardless of the
> cluster version.
>
> We don't have the time to port all code in vdsm to python 3. If you want
> python 3, you need
> to remove some features.
>
> If you want to mix 4.4. host with 4.3, env, detach the iso domain and
> export domain?

Well, I'm not strictly opposed to that, but let me ask... will we have a
programatic way of attaching an ISO to a host usable from external
tools?

In IMS project we rely on guest tools ISO in ISO domain and we already
have a request to support ISOs from data domains. But last time I've
heard using vdsm-client to call Image.prepare and Image.tearDown is not
strictly "supported" API.

Please excuse my ignorance if there is already some other way to do
that.

    Tomas

--
Tomáš Golembiovský <tgole...@redhat.com>