On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 00:01, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Looking in https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/build
> <https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_manual/build?delay=0sec>
>
> CUSTOM_REPOS:
>
> You can add multiple Jenkins build urls/Yum repos, one per line.
> Supported formats are:
> * Jenkins Build url:
> e.g.,
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_build-artifacts-on-demand-el7-x86_64/lastSuccessfulBuild/
> * Yum repo: "rec:yum_repo_url"
> e.g., rec:
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/vdsm_master_build-artifacts-on-demand-el7-x86_64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

It doesn't actually have to be a yum repo, 'rec:' simply does a recursive
HTTP crawl.
`repoman` and therefore OST does not actually support reading YUM metadata
ATM.

> It seems that this should work:
>
> 1. build sanlock rpms from my sanlock tree
> 2. copy to some public web server
> 3. create yum repo

no need for that, but the web server needs to be browsable.

> 4. add rec:http://my.server/sanlock-repo/
>
> OST will pull sanlock from this repo, right?
>
> The biggest issue seems to be a public web server, I don't have one. Do we
> have something that I can use
> in jenkins.ovirt.org or other domain we control?

To be in jenkinsit needs to be build by jenkins...

> I want to run these tests regularly, to make sure that sanlock always
> works with vdsm, without manual
> testing.

I think there are couple of solutions here you could consider:

   1. Setup a build repo containing automation files for oVirt and have
   oVirt's CI system run the builds. this will enable full automation for the
   whole test process
   2. Build via copr - in which case copt will provide HTTP hosting for the
   resulting RPMs.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi