On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 4:33 PM Francesco Romani <from...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/27/19 3:25 PM, Nir Soffer wrote:
> > I want to remove inactive contributors from vdsm-master-maintainers.
> >
> > I suggest the simple rule of 2 years of inactivity for removing from
> > this group,
> > based on git log.
> >
> > See the list below for current status:
> > https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/admin/groups/106,members
>

> No objections, keeping the list minimal and current is a good idea.

I love removing dead code; I feel a bit different about removing old
colleagues. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic.

If we introduce this policy (which I understand is healthy), let us
give a long warning period (6 months?) before we apply the policy to
existing dormant maintainers. We should also make sure that we
actively try to contact a person before he or she is dropped.