Hi,

On 1/30/20 2:47 PM, Martin Perina wrote:

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:45 PM Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net <mailto:c...@cmadams.net>> wrote:

    <c...@cmadams.net <mailto:c...@cmadams.net>> ha

    <mailto:mper...@redhat.com>> and +Milan Zamazal
    > <mzama...@redhat.com <mailto:mzama...@redhat.com>> for awareness

    Is there any possibility of someone helping me look at this?  I'm
    seeing
    the issue much worse with 4.3 - a cluster I updated to 4.3.7 two
    months
    ago has a host (where the hosted engine was running) where vdsmd
    got to
    over 20G RSS.

Marcin, any suggestions how to investigate it?
Python mem profiling is hard... I already tackled the VDSM memory leak problem once. VDSM was growing, but not at a scale that Chris is describing. Tried out different tools, but got to a point, where enforcing periodic garbage collecting made VDSM mem usage
constant, so the conclusion made there was no mem leaks.

Chris, if I understood you correctly, a single machine suffices to reproduce your issue?
One that acts as a host with hosted engine on it + iscsi storage?
If so, maybe I/you could construct a VM with a reproducible environment and share? Having something like this would make investigating this issue much more reliable.

-- Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net <mailto:c...@cmadams.net>>

--
Martin Perina
Manager, Software Engineering