On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 6:02 PM Michal Skrivanek <mskri...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> FAILED:
>
> basic-suite-master.test-scenarios.test_001_initialize_engine.test_set_hostnames
>
> Error Message:
> failed on setup with "TypeError: __new__() missing 2 required positional
> arguments: 'version' and 'repo'"
>
> Stack Trace:
> ansible_by_hostname = <function module_mapper_for at 0x7ffbad0acc80>
>
>    @pytest.fixture(scope="session", autouse=True)
>    def check_installed_packages(ansible_by_hostname):
>        vms_pckgs_dict_list = []
>        for hostname in backend.default_backend().hostnames():
>            vm_pckgs_dict = _get_custom_repos_packages(
>
>              ansible_by_hostname(hostname))
>

> ost_utils/ost_utils/pytest/fixtures/check_repos.py:39:
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> _ _ _
> ost_utils/ost_utils/pytest/fixtures/check_repos.py:55: in
> _get_custom_repos_packages
>    repo_name)
> ost_utils/ost_utils/pytest/fixtures/check_repos.py:69: in
> _get_installed_packages
>    Package(*line) for line in result
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> _ _ _
>
> .0 = <list_iterator object at 0x7ffba6e97860>
>
>      Package(*line) for line in result
>
>    ]
> E   TypeError: __new__() missing 2 required positional arguments:
> 'version' and 'repo'
>

> This failed, because 'dnf repo-pkgs' has split the output to two
> lines, so the first
> didn't include a version [1]:
>
> lago-basic-suite-master-host-1 | CHANGED | rc=0 >>
> Installed Packages
> ovirt-ansible-collection.noarch 1.3.2-0.1.master.20210315141358.el8
> @extra-src-1
> python3-ovirt-engine-sdk4.x86_64
>                                4.4.10-1.20210315.gitf8b9f2a.el8
>    @extra-src-1
>
> We should either give up on this, or rewrite the call 'dnf repo-pkgs'
> in some other
> language that does not require parsing of human-targeted output
> (perhaps python or
> ansible), or amend a bit the current code and hope it will survive
> longer...
>
> Trying last one:
>
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/ovirt-system-tests/+/113895
>

> Merged, but we still fail in nightly (which I ran manually):
>

> https://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_basic-suite-master_nightly/963/console
>
> 16:06:44 >           raise RuntimeError('None of user custom repos has
> been used')
> 16:06:44 E           RuntimeError: None of user custom repos has been used
>
> I think this is "by design" - this job runs with a "custom repo"
> pointing at master-snapshot, and apparently at least in this run it
> didn't see updates, so failed.
>

> wouldn’t it fail exactly during the night when we build a fresh ost-image
> and run with custom repo that has nothing newer, obviously, since we just

In principle, yes, but in practice we did have some runs that did not fail.
I looked a bit trying to understand why they didn't fail and gave up,
deciding it's not that important. I think it's related to the timing of
these jobs and the publisher, ost-images, etc.

> I wonder if this is simply a design issue, or we should change the
> nightly run to not use a custom repo, or something else.
>

> In any case, perhaps we should consider completely reverting
> check_repos.py for now, until we decide what we want. It was a good
> idea, but we can't let basic-suite remain red for so long. And then,
> we can get back to the issue of ovirt-log-collector...

I already pushed a patch to make it warn instead of fail, but since you
didn't merge yet,

> we don’t need so radical changes/investment just yet, just dropping it
> from nightly config should be enough
> I think it is rather a jenkins config issue. For nightly we do not need
> custom repo

I now also pushed these:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/jenkins/+/113904 Remove custom repos from
ovirt-system-tests
https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/ovirt-system-tests/+/113905 automation: Add
ovirt-master-snapshot

I think they are rather safe to merge right now, as-is, in whatever order.
If something breaks, we can fix it later.

Best regards,
--
Didi