> On 14. 9. 2021, at 13:45, Michal Skrivanek <michal.skriva...@redhat.com>
> wrote:

>>> 263 is VNC_AUTH_VENCRYPT_X509SASL
>>> because with fips we change libvirt configuration to SASL?
>>
>> libvirt configuration is the same whether we boot with fips=0 or fips=1
>> (and disable/enable FIPS for the cluster accordingly).  And the proxy
>> works with fips=0 even when auth_unix_rw="sasl" is set in the libvirt
>> configuration.
>
> it could be qemu’s decision to enforce only this one when FIPS enabled
>

>> So should we add VENCRYPT_X509SASL support to the proxy?
>
> yes, I do not see any other way when this is the only supported connection
> type

and I think you have bigger issues, on el8stream we now pick up websockify 0.9
with [1],
which changed the API we override, so the connection doesn’t work at all

now all you get is
ovirt-websocket-proxy[68086] INFO msg:630 handler exception: get_target()
missing 1 required positional argument: 'path'

so first you need to update the proxy to handle 0.9 but also 0.8 that we use on
RHEL

Thanks,
michal

[1]