Hi Sandro,

From my findings, the engine-setup command will not work out-of-box on any
other distro than centos, rhel or ibm-powerkvm.
I intend to submit a patch to the otopi package to allow the engine-setup
command to run on Oracle Linux too.
Also, I intend to submit other patches regarding OS validation for other
components.
May I suggest we turn the OS validation more generic or include other distros
like you mentioned in the previous e-mail?

Regards,
Marcos Sungaila
Sr Principal Technical Product Manager
+55.11.99537.3301

From: Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com>
Sent: sexta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2021 11:49
To: haze...@gmail.com
Cc: oVirt development list <devel@ovirt.org>
Subject: [External] : [ovirt-devel] Re: Need to complie kmod-cxgb3

Il giorno mar 5 ott 2021 alle ore 14:24
<haze...@gmail.com<mailto:haze...@gmail.com>> ha scritto:
So, ELRepo no longer supports CentOS Stream 8.x

I used to be able to:
Chelsio T320 10GB/s Card Mods
1. rpm --import
https://www.elrepo.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.elrepo.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!fetuOJrQq_Og3NKTW1EVKhSIGfOJJezErUWcaWVOK0mWoPaUeKvVfJBF5uYanoi_qpY$>
2. yum install
https://www.elrepo.org/elrepo-release-8.el8.elrepo.noarch.rpm<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.elrepo.org/elrepo-release-8.el8.elrepo.noarch.rpm__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!fetuOJrQq_Og3NKTW1EVKhSIGfOJJezErUWcaWVOK0mWoPaUeKvVfJBF5uYar6wcy3c$>
3. yum install kmod-cxgb3

However this no longer works, how would i go about compiling the RPM from
source tar and then push the kmod into oVirt? This worked in March of 2021;
however due to a lack of Resources ElRepo no longer supports the chosen Stream
OS of oVirt.

I need to build the kmod-cxgb3 from source for this to work.

Hi, I would recommend asking on CentOS developers mailing list at
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!fetuOJrQq_Og3NKTW1EVKhSIGfOJJezErUWcaWVOK0mWoPaUeKvVfJBF5uYalqMmb1E$>
 .
If it's not possible to consume some packages that specifically require RHEL or
a corresponding rebuilt version, I would also consider either using RHEL or
give Rocky, Alma, Springvale (or any other distribution rebuilding RHEL) a try.
Current version of oVirt, 4.4.8 should work perfectly fine on RHEL 8.4 or
equivalent.

Thanks,

--

Sandro Bonazzola

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat
EMEA<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.redhat.com/__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!fetuOJrQq_Og3NKTW1EVKhSIGfOJJezErUWcaWVOK0mWoPaUeKvVfJBF5uYauZCRJto$>

sbona...@redhat.com<mailto:sbona...@redhat.com>
[https://static.redhat.com/libs/redhat/brand-assets/2/corp/logo--200.png]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.redhat.com/__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!fetuOJrQq_Og3NKTW1EVKhSIGfOJJezErUWcaWVOK0mWoPaUeKvVfJBF5uYauZCRJto$>
Red Hat respects your work life balance. Therefore there is no need to answer
this email out of your office hours.