Hi Maithreyi,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 12:21 PM Maithreyi Gopal <maithreyi.go...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am Maithreyi Gopal, from Nuremberg, Germany.  I am looking to start
> contributing to open source  projects and would like to introduce myself to
> you.
>
> I have a lot of Software Development Experience to offer. I have a few
> years of experience working with infrastructure teams on the Cisco ASR9k
> routers. I have a Masters in Networking and Design
> I currently work on developing drivers and communication protocols for
> image transfer at Siemens Healthcare.
>
> I want to be able to use my background to start contributing to open
> source and learn new technologies. I come with no prior open source
> contributions. If somebody is willing to point me in the right direction
> and probably help me with an easy first contribution, I would really
> appreciate it. I am most proficient in C and python.

Do you use Open Source in your daily work? At home? Elsewhere? Do you use
oVirt?

Personally, I think it's best to start contributing to software you
actually use.

If you are interested in oVirt, you should probably start by looking around
https://www.ovirt.org/develop/ .

If in "easy first contribution" you refer to a code change/patch, then I
might warn you that it's not really that "easy", if you have no experience
with oVirt and related technologies as a user, first. I think it took me
around a month, back then...

Good luck and best regards,
--
Didi