On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:10 AM JC Lopez <j...@lightbitslabs.com> wrote:

> See inline
>
> On Mar 30, 2022, at 13:41, Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 11:26 PM JC Lopez <j...@lightbitslabs.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Nir,
>
> Wiped out the node as the procedure provided did not fix the problem.
>
> Fresh CentOS Stream 8
>
> Looks like the vddm I deployed requires Ansible 2.12
> Depsolve Error occured: \n Problem: cannot install the best candidate for
> the job\n - nothing provides virt-install needed by
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-2.6.4-0.0.master.20220329124709.git59931a1.el8.noarch\n
> - nothing provides ansible-core >= 2.12 needed by
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-2.6.4-0.0.master.20220329124709.git59931a1.el8.noarch”,
>

> Didi, do we have a solution to the ansible requirement? Maybe some
> repo is missing?

Sorry, I do not have the full picture. Anyway:

1. Right now, the engine still requires ansible-2.9 [1].

2. The hosts - el8stream (or ovirt-node) - require (or include)
ansible-core-2.12.

So if you run into conflicts/requirements issues, please clarify
exactly what you do and on which machine (engine or host).

This is all changing quickly and has changed in the last few days.
I hope [1] will be merged by the time of beta, not sure.

If you want to test the very current state, I recommend to run a
full 'dnf update' or 'dnf update --nobest' (and note what wasn't
upgraded), perhaps after doing 'dnf update \*release\*'.

On my own machines, I have both virt-install and ansible-core from
repo "appstream" (meaning CentOS, not oVirt).

[1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine/pull/199

> Here is what I have configured on my single node if it can help
> [root@client2 ~]# dnf repolist

I quickly skimmed through the list below and did not notice anything
obviously wrong.

Good luck and best regards,

--
Didi