Sandro,

I am sorry for picking the wrong forum to post into, it seemed a naturally
correct place because I was suggesting a shift in the development choices being
made for oVirt and how it is produced.

I hear what you are saying. However, that means that all the ISOs that are
published for people to download based on CentOS are going to be viewed by the
Linux community that has an interest in trying oVirt as a potential learning
path to RHV as alpha/beta quality. CentOS since "going upstream" has been
heavily devalued by the open source community for useful testing or any real
work. Again, that is just a fact or people would not be in a mad rush to move
to Rocky Linux or Alma Linux. At any rate, just my two cents worth which may be
all my opinion is worth! :)

I am not trying to be argumentative, just I think that supplying oVirt using an
underpinning OS that is quality based as opposed to CentOS would be a worthy
endeavor to encourage interest in oVirt.

Although I have not had a chance to gather and post the facts together, I did
try to do an install of it in my ProxMox virtualized environment (again for
testing) and met with a number of issues causing a failed installation and
eventually gave up. Now that I realize it is CentOS based, I am not even think
it is worth dealing with as the result will not be a production quality
install. I will read the link you provided regarding installing oVirt on REL or
a "derivative clone".

Thanks for your most brisk and thoughtful response and I wish you a healthy and
safe day in these challenging times.

Stuart