On 03/19/2016 09:43 AM, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hey Kyle,
>
> We've been playing with the box at the Chemnitzer Linux Tage conf. A few
> things we noticed:
> * it's ownCloud 8.2.2, any chance we can get it to 9.0?

Done. I had some issues with the upgrade, but sorted them today, so
9.0.0 has been released. Your device should automatically update (though
you can make it happen faster via `sudo snappy update`).

> * it has some issues, like with images previews and some other things, I am
> guessing (no, I know) some PHP modules are missing. Would be good to add
> those, we're currently trying to figure out which ones are missing. Snappy is
> new for us so that might take a bit ;-)

Yeah, imagick isn't in there. It isn't included in php7, so I haven't
taken the time to get it included in the snap just yet. Thumbnail
generation is mad slow on the rpi2 anyway, you might consider leaving it
off for better performance ;) . Not a problem if you want it, though.

> Aside from that, we have performance work to do but honestly, it's not that
> bad. And just adding caching (apc) will already make a huge difference so I'm
> quite optimistic... And there's lots more on
> https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/performance_tuning.html
>  we can do, so anybody on this list should feel very welcome to look over
> that and do a pull request that implements one or more of them ;-)

Excellent! Indeed, the snap is a little bare-bones when it comes to
performance tweaks, but they're pretty easy to add.

--
Kyle Fazzari (kyrofa)
Software Engineer