Hello,

In 9.1 there will be a new URL format for the web UI to point to a
file/folder by file id: "http://host/owncloud/f/$fileid";.
See https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/24434#issue-152956911

When opening such links, the web UI will redirect to the correct folder
depending on which user opened it.
For files it only scrolls to the file, there is no mechanism to
automatically open a file with a viewer.

In previous versions of ownCloud there is no such mechanism.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vincent