> e actual initial download was an RPM or DEB and then that contained a
> script to enable a repo based on specific platform and then kicked of the
> final install.

Yes it's what I said when I started the topic last december :-)

But it's easier for them I guess as they goes in /opt and their binaries
are the same for all deb-based distro.

I really wish that we found a solution for this because this is one of the
root of the very slow adoption of Linux on the desktop.

Maybe SNAP is a solution but for now it's only available preinstalled on
too few computers.

Regards

Michel Memeteau  - Directeur.
<http://shop.ekimia.fr/>

Notre Boutique Ordinateurs GNU/Linux : http://shop.ekimia.fr
280 avenue de la malvesine 13720 La Bouilladisse - France.
Fixe :  +33 (0) 972308334   Mobile : +33(0) 624808051