> DANTE INRIA TEAM
> ENS LYON
> Tel: +33 672 162974
>
> On 21 déc. 2014, at 20:15, Sudarshan S <sudarshans.riot....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> […]
> I would like to understand the following:
> 1) I believe there are ways to expand RAM in Arduino UNO,  using SRAM ICs
> and SPI bus upto 32K . So would it be feasible or make sense  to port RIOT
> on such an expanded RAM arrangement ?
>

> I am afraid that such memory is only for data and will not be accessible
> via the program counter.

True, but since RIOT's program is written to the Flash ROM, there would be
no need for the IP to access those addresses. So the real question is: how
big is the Flash ROM, and how much memory does the .text part of RIOT
consume on 8-bit platforms. For our hello-world application this is 8524
bytes on the Arduino Mega 2560, for the somewhat more sophisticated default
application it's ~15 KiB (without any network support). @Sudarshan is that
remotely in the flash sizes of the Arduino Uno?

Cheers,
Martine