Hi

> If memory serves there were a number of potential features that were on
> the back burner until RIOT's new IPC API was finalized (e.g.
> filesystem/VFS, and maybe ELF loading).

Just for clarification: FS would just be simplified by multiple IPC
endpoints per thread (as was also intended by the "new" IPC API), since an
easy mapping file descriptor == IPC endpoint is the most logical thing to
do. With some extra overhead an alternative would be possible to, but not
as beautiful ;-).
However, as far as I understood Kaspar's intend, multiple IPC endpoints per
thread is still on the.

Cheers,
Martine