Hi Joakim,

On 02/09/15 14:20, Joakim Gebart wrote:
Has anyone measured the cost of the thread context switching on the
different platforms? I'm mainly interested in Cortex-M4 (Kinetis). This
would be a good indication of how "slow" an I/O device has to be before
it is worth it to manually yield a thread while waiting.
AFAIR, Hauke measured the context switch cost from msg_send in one thread to msg_receive in another with around 500 instructions on Cortex-M3. A wakeup (one thread running, IRQ triggered saving that context, ISR triggers wakeup of another thread) will probably be a litte less than half of that.

Consider these figures not very precise. ;)

Kaspar