Hey Kaspar!

> While I personally wouldn't use such restricting development environments in
> the first place, using RIOT for proprietary development here probably
> wouldn't be feasible.

Well, that's not always feasible. I remember that my old company was somehow
forced to use a proprietary IDE (we decided for IAR), because our customer
decided for the MSP430F5x which was not supported by gcc back then.

> Does anyone have examples of such environments?
> Maybe PsoC Creator IDE falls in this category?

I don't recall if the IAR IDE/compiler can be configured to produce separated
binary files. Maybe people from OpenWSN community can answer this since
they're supporting IAR as well.

Cheers,
Oleg
--
The best thing about declarative jokes is that you only have to prescribe
laughter, no need to actually tell the joke.