Hello and welcome Ralph,

In principal, all examples should work on all boards unless the build system
says otherwise. (Or there should be an issue in the tracker).
I'm not familiar with this board, but if I remember correctly, there exist
several hardware versions of it. Which one do you have?

Also: did you try and enter commands (e.g. "help")?

Cheers,
Ludwig