+1 thought about this for a long time, too. Though my approach would be
with macros and more global (similar to how DEBUG is now).

Am 23.02.2015 07:16 schrieb "Ludwig Ortmann" <ludwig.ortm...@fu-berlin.de>:

> Hi Jozef,
>
> AFAIK there has been no work on a solution so far.
> However, I thought about this the other day in the context of the
function pointer discussion and would like to propose a "logging" API
(maybe there is an issue for that as well somewhere) for `core`, which
offers things like `log.info(...)` and `log.error(...)`.
> Different logging modules can implement this API then, ranging from
`printf` over file based logging to network messages.
> And then there should also be a `(void) ...`  implementation which suits
production and ultra low memory needs.