Hi David,

when using Wakaama (which is certainly an option), the way would be to include it in RIOT as a package and include some Makefiles that are able to download/checkout the library and build it into RIOT. When choosing this path, one important thing is to think of a concept for continuous integration, so that the Makefiles and patches can be adjusted to changes of the Wakaama implementation in an easy way.

Cheers,
Hauke