Hi,
there were ~40 new builds opened yesterday [1] and it takes travis ~30 min
to finish a build (and since we are in the fair-use queue it works of the
jobs more or less sequentially), so thats why the later ones are pending. I
think we can speed up things a little if everyone (who has rights to do
that) kills jobs that are not current anymore (due to a PR being updated or
force-pushed e.g.) as Kushal proposed in [2].

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://travis-ci.org/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull_requests
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/2793#issuecomment-92205543