Hey Adam,

I am currently adopting RPL to our new network stack and while doing so,
I also added sane functionalities which were plainly missing in the old implementation.
This also includes sending a DIS when initializing RPL for the first time.
However, I am just now realizing that such a DIS can get lost in our typical LLN case - it may make sense to send a DIS periodically until a DIO is received?
Does anyone has an opinion on this?

Forcing a DIS from userspace sounds like a good feature. It may help in testing/debuging the dodag tree interactively. I also thought about reseting the trickle timer from userspace to enforce DIOs.

Cheers,
Cenk